Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mixed Media Bookmarks


A couple of weeks ago, I created some background paper using acrylic paint mixed with glaze on watercolor paper.  I applied it liberally (a couple of different colors on the same page), and then covered it with some cling wrap (aka saran wrap) and let it dry overnight.  I had done this before, but didn't leave the cling wrap on that long.  Anyway, by doing that, it created some cool texture, which you can see as you check out these bookmarks.  Anyway, I then decided to make bookmarks with the paper.  The above 2 are called "Manifest Plainess" and "Poet".  These images are transparencies that I created either by typing on them or stamping on the transparency.  I then tore out the definition of the word poet that I found on a scrap dictionary page that was at hand.  I just love it when things appear just when I need them!


The bookmarks above were made from some wrapping paper that I just received in the mail (one of those things where charities hope to guilt you into making a contribution by sending you a "gift" - I tend not to fall for those, but make contributions to charities on my list), and I thought they would be perfect for the bookmarks - another happy coincidence!


And, finally, these 2 cool bookmarks.  Images on these are transparencies.  The moons aren't a stamp, but some images I found and scanned, then printed out on the transparency.  The text is a stamp that I used on a transparency that I had previously colored with alcohol inks (I think - I did it a while ago, and really am not remembering clearly).  It created a really cool color and texture effect when I placed the transparency on the textured background paper!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment