Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Learn" Altered Book - Part 1

Welcome to the first of what I hope will become a series. The books will have a theme, of course, but each page will have a quote relating to the theme as the inspiration for the page. I just love quotes, and am really developing a love of altered books, so this seems like an interesting way to blend both loves!

This is the first page, and presented a bit of a creative challenge. I read and re-read the quote and just decided to put it in the back of my mind, and just let my creative juices just "cook". I ended up just playing with the vintage photo of the young gentleman, and thought about dropping back. I then sort of just felt that "dropping back" would look like fainter images of the original, and sort of went with that. Hope you like the result!


What a busy page! I decided that a quote from Stravinsky must have a musical theme to it, and so I pulled from sheet music (an obvious choice) and an old Sears catalog (hopefully, not quite so obvious). I chose photo images of two composers that are certainly known to just about everyone. Tags contained images of instruments and the quote itself.

I love this quote. Michelangelo can be considered a genius on many different fronts, and yet, he said he was still learning. Wow - perhaps the first person who truly lived the idea of lifetime learning. And, yet, to have full lives, I think most people will agree, on some level, that learning is a part of that full life - new discoveries, world events, and ourselves.


Enjoy....and more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love the altered book Nadine!!! Would love to see your studio set up. I have gotten away from scrapbooking/crafting lately and want to embrace digital - and then I see a project like yours ;-)
    Cinda

    ReplyDelete