Monday, June 21, 2010

Recap of Recent Trip - In Spokane, WA

Just got back from a trip to the Northwest, visiting Jeff's brother, sister and their families, and doing some sightseeing on the way back home in our RV. These photos were some that I took when we were at his brother, Rick's, and sister-in-law, Barb's place. They have a bird feeder, and I got some cool shots of the birds as they had breakfast! The above photo reminds me of a dance of sorts, and I call it The Dance. The photo below was of some beautiful blooms just below the bird feeder - the tall blooms are lupine, but I forget what the smaller blooms are. I applied a filter that makes the photo look like a painting, just because the image reminded me of one!
The little bird below is a House Finch (per the bird book Rick had), and I just loved this image. I think I'm going to convert it to a return address label!

This last image is another one I liked, just because of catching the bird coming in for a landing on the bird feeder above the House Finch. The days here were cool, damp, and sometimes rainy, but it was great for capturing images of the birds and blooms with very saturated colors!

More to come - the next blog will cover the trip from Spokane (eastern Washington state) to Seattle! Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment