Friday, July 23, 2010

Flowers !

This is the flower bouquet of the camping weekend last weekend - lots of different color blooms! Above is a very cool sort of pinky purple flower. Actually, I really like the photo above as a note card, with some very inspiring quote in the upper left hand corner.

And isn't this a beautiful floral portrait? I just loved the delicate purple bloom. It was very easy to overlook it - it was that tiny! Plus, I don't often get to see dew on leaves and blooms in the Southwest, so this was a double treat.

These bold red blooms were discovered along a dirt road we were exploring atop a mesa close to where we were camping. I just loved it as a sort of intimate portrait, including the barbed wire fence, field and sky behind the flowers. I'm not sure why, but this really appealed to me as the diverse character of the Southwest.

I almost missed this little white flower. I was actually retracing my steps back during our hike and I happened to glance down and see this little gem. I just love all the colors in this white flower. I always thought white was a lack of color - learned something new this day!

I just loved this field bunch of a sort of daisy, I believe. They are just so imperfectly perfect, I couldn't resist photographing them! Don't they just look like the word happiness? That's what I thought anyway!

Ok, so this isn't really a photo of a flower - I just loved the image of the dew on this leaf and couldn't resist including it. Isn't nature fabulous? Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment