Saturday, April 23, 2011

Vintage Photo ATC Art

I just completed this batch of ATCs for a swap. The theme was vintage photos that will then be collaged or some mixed media techniques. All ATCs had some vintage card stock as the background. The above ATC then had some handmade paper stamped with some text applied to it, and the vintage photo of a young graduate applied.



The above ATC again had the vintage card stock as a background, altho you can't really see it! The photo was a portrait of the kids in a family, I'm guessing. I then used the peeling paint technique on the ATC, which is what covers up most of the background. Still, I think the technique gives the piece a nice distressed vintage feel.


This last ATC uses one of my favorite vintage photos - of a woman who just seems to be ready for adventure! The background paper is of vintage postcards, which I thought was very appropriate since she's getting ready to embark on her adventure on the train behind her. I added a few postage stamps and a "please hand cancel" rubber stamp & it's complete!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment