Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sandia Mountain Wildflowers - Yellow Blooms


Yes, there were more than just purple blooms in the Sandias last Saturday!  And, here we see the yellow blooms that were out in their glory that day!  Above is Sweet Yellow Clover.  Maybe it's just me, but I think the shapes of the 2 flowery stems looks like a heart.....or am I really a romantic at heart?


The next member of the yellow brigade is the Showy Goldeneye.  I really like the touch of green in the center of the head of the flower.....and the little blooms to come!


Isn't this an interesting looking flower?  I don't know that I've ever seen one before.  It's a Yellow Salsify.  There's so much about this image and flower that I love.  I just love the spiky leaves that are under the actual petals of the flower.  The closed bloom is sort of the "before" part of this image!  I also love the color of the flower against the woods in the background.


And, finally here's the Hairy Golden Astor.  It has pretty little blooms, but it gets the "hairy" part of its name from the shapes of the leaves.  It grows fairly close to the ground, so I included the nice texture of the ground as the background for this image.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment