Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Creative Photo Techniques


Decided to play with my PhotoShop Elements software, a cool book I've had for a while, called "Digital Expressions", and my vacation photos to learn some new creative techniques.  The first one, above, is using a vignette technique.  I also added text (a quote that I thought went well with this image), and then created a sort of mat effect.  I don't know if you can see it well in the small image above, but the shading is somewhat transparent, allowing some of the rest of the image to be seen.


This second image uses a selection technique (still need to work on that one - LOL!) in order to get a portion of the image to pop with color, while the rest of it was, in essence, converted to black & white.  I then added a quote that I really liked, and did the mat effect again.  I'm sure more will be posted here as I progress thru the book!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment