Monday, August 13, 2012

In the Town of Ketchikan



I couldn’t resist shooting this image of the Fish House in Ketchikan.  It just seems to symbolize a typical shop front along the dock in the downtown area.  Of course, to a non-seafood/fish person, it doesn’t really sound all that appetizing, but that’s just me!



This was a charming little non-pretentious Episcopal church in town.  I just loved the red door, and so couldn’t resist taking the shot!



I also loved the windows.  Their design is very subtle, and hopefully you can see them in this image.




Totems are a big part of Alaska history.  I don’t know the story behind this totem, but the young guy who drove us to our float plane told us the story of the She Bear & Catch Bear (I think).  Too long to get into for this blog entry, but email me if you want the story!



This is one of my favorite images from dockside in town.  To me, it captures the spirit of the working town that Ketchikan is, and represents another perfect moment of this day – the float/sea plane, boat, and mountain in the background.  Again, a pretty grey day, but wonderfully perfect!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment