Monday, August 13, 2012

Ketchikan's Active Dockside



This collection of images was taken from our ship and seems to truly capture some great moments of an active dockside.  The first image, above, is one I really like, and captures all the fishing boats seemingly lined up to leave town to work for the day!  Now, in reality, not every ship was doing that, but I just loved the lines created by the boats and the shoreline.


It was fun to watch all the float planes taking off from alongside the ship, too.  It amazed me how they would take off and land in between all the fishing and touring boats that kept leaving the doc.  This image really captures the moment of lift off of the float plane, and the boat that was also in the area at the time.


I think this is a great shot.  I just love the silhouette of the float plane against the fog/clouds that wisp around the mountain.  There’s a freedom about this image that I think captures the spirit of the pilots of these little planes.


This image is definitely one of those perfect moments in a day that turned out to be filled with them.  Can you see the float plane up against the grey sky after it took off?  The solitude that these pilots must feel each time they fly is what I tried to reflect in this image.   Hopefully, I succeeded!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment